Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Post-Election Day Special

A good friend recently wrote to me describing how he differentiated our two presidential candidates to his young daughters as opposing cheeks of the same ass. While philosophically I agree completely, I am aware that as objects we all have a better side and thus voted in favor of the least offensive cheek this election. I have a habit of telling people how happy I will be when our country achieves my ideal democracy, populated by not just two or even three parties but a true multi-party system whose candidates represent wildly diverse political agendas but honestly, my inability to trust anyone who craves presidential power or excels at manipulating large groups of people will ensure continued political cynicism.

This image puts me in mind of our political system: broken, ineffective and impenetrable yet strangely interesting to behold.


Canon PowerShot SD950 IS
12 MP/No Flash/ISO 100 。No post production